Who we are
“We”, “us” or “The Spa Maldon” refers to The Spa Maldon
We collect, use and are responsible for certain personal information about you. When we do so we are regulated under the General Data Protection Regulation which applies across the European Union (including the United Kingdom) and we are responsible as ‘controller’ of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
What we collect and When
We may collect the following personal information about you:
- Date of Birth;
- Telephone Number;
- Email address;
- Postal address;
What we do with the information we gather
We only require the relevant details stated above to be captured if you choose to contact us in one of the following ways:
- By submitting an enquiry via the ‘Contact Us’ form;
- By joining our mailing list via the ‘Join Newsletter’ application;
- By booking an online treatment or service.
If you submit your information through the ‘Contact Us’ form, we may use this information to allow us to contact you to respond to your query and in order to provide our services to you (if requested.
If you submit your information through the ‘Join Newsletter’ application, we will use your data to send you copies of our newsletter when these are released in addition to any other marketing or communications that you might have consented to when you submitted your information.
We may also use your data to contact you in relation to services similar to those that you have previously submitted a query to us about or instructed us in relation to. Any other use of your data to send you marketing or other information about us will only be done in accordance with any consent that you have provided us via the Newsletter application.
We will not share, sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties without your permission or unless required to provide our services to you, other than for the limited exceptions below:
- If we are required to do so by law or comply with the contractual obligations we are subject to;
- For the purposes of our legitimate interests or those of a third party, but only if these are not overridden by your interests, rights or freedoms;
- In urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety or vital interests of clients or the public; or
- To protect and defend the rights of property of The Spa.
Controlling your personal information
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of important rights. In summary, these include rights to:
- Fair and transparent processing of your personal information;
- Access to you personal information;
- Correction to any incorrect information which we hold;
- Erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations;
- Object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing;
- Object in certain situations or otherwise restrict our continued processing of your personal information.
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes and you wish to change your mind, or should you wish to exercise any of the above rights, you may do so at any time by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be place on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps us analyse web traffic or lets you know when you have visited a particular site. We use a number of different cookies on our site to assist you in navigating the site, to allow us to monitor the pages you find most useful and which you do not and to enable personalised advertising. The cookies do not collect any information from which visitors can be identified and is simply means of providing you with a better website.
A minority of the emails we send to you are likely to benefit from tracking. This enables us to monitor how much traffic those emails send to our site and whether a user has opened and clicked on the email. We are not able to identify you from this method, rather we use it to understand open and click rates on our emails to try and improve them.
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest and social media links. We also use a number of external web services to display content within our web pages. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.